For many businesses owners, especially startups and self-employed it is near impossible to have a standard landline number connected to an address. Not only does it mean that you are constantly missing calls when you are out on a job, it sadly means you’re losing potential customers. In a society where everyone wants everything done and dusted as fast as possible there is no time to leave answer phone messages and hope for the best. Statistically speaking, if a customer attempts to call you and reaches an answering machine, they are more likely to go back to Google and find another business. And whilst using a mobile number means you can always be reached it is undeniably a less professional looking option. As a result, most businesses both large and small are choosing to use virtual landline as a more efficient alternative.
Virtual Landlines are exactly how they sound, like a normal landline number you will have the prefix pertaining to a specific area. However, the beauty of it being virtual is that the prefix can be for as many areas as you wish with all calls being directed to your mobile.
There are many benefits to having your own virtual landline, some of which we have listed here:
• As aforementioned, the biggest issue with a regular landline is that if you don’t have someone to pick up the calls during the 9-5 work day you will lose out on business. But, with a virtual landline all calls you receive will be directed to your mobile or any phone of your choice meaning that even if you’re out on the road or working on a job you can always speak to customers.
• Speaking of speaking to customers, this is another key area which your business can get ahead on. Customers feel as if they are in much safer and reliable hands if they know they can reach you at all times. This will promote customer satisfaction and most importantly, customer loyalty.
• Having a virtual landline allows your business to appear multinational without actually having to be based in different cities. You can have as many prefixed numbers as you wish all directed to your phone so that you are able to pick up customers across the UK. Not only will this increase your customer base but having these numbers will also give you the appearance of being a professional and well-established company.
• Regular landlines can be quite costly with the prices ranging each month and having to pay a flat monthly line rental fee. But, with a virtual landline you will never have to pay for a line rental as it is all handled virtually. Plus, most companies will provide you with much better rates than you would find with normal landlines. It is very rare you will be pulled into a fixed 12-month contract, instead you are likely to be offered monthly zero contract flat fee rates, so you always know what you’ll be paying.
• Trust is huge for customers and for most people, when they are able to call a business with a local prefix they are able to have that trust. They feel safe in the knowledge that they won’t be paying extortionate caller fees and more importantly that they are dealing with someone local.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits to having a virtual landline, particularly for small business owners or self-employed freelance workers. So, if you are in a similar working position and looking for new means of providing your business with sustainable growth, then you should consider getting virtual landline numbers from Smart Numbers Ltd.